Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Holy Spirit - The Soul of My Soul


“’Not by might nor by power, but by my spirit,’ says the Lord.” Zechariah 4:6



The Holy Spirit had been given to us and dwells within each of us. To pray to the Holy Spirit means to know Him, to love Him and to invoke Him.


The Holy Spirit is the giver of all life, and calling upon Him in prayer is a pwerful experience. God himself gave the Holy Spirit to us as our comforter, our advocate, our helper to be with us always.  


The prayer above was given to me by a Sister of Mt Schoenstatt. It is written by their founder - Fr. Joseph Kentenich and adapted from a prayer by Cardinal Mercier. It is a beautiful daily devotional and especially helpful in times of uncertainty and doubt. It is my favourite prayer when I am discerning God's will for something particular in my life and an incredible uplifting when I am afriad of where God is leading me. 


I really wanted to write about this topic because so often friends say to me they don't know what they are doing with their lives, what their purpose is and how to find direction in their lives. The Holy Spirit can answer these questions. The Holy Spirit was given to us as our guide, so seek Him through prayer and you will be enlightened and protected. He lives in you and will do awesome things in your life if you call upon Him.    


I pray that you will have a greater devotion to the Holy Spirit so that you may be inspired and enlightened to know the will of God in your life, strengthened in the works which you carry out, filled with an abundance of graces and grow ever more in holiness. 

 * I recommend this book to everyone. It is an easy read, and an awesome guide to understanding the works of the Holy Spirit in your life.



In the School of the Holy Spirit, Jacques Philippe 


Jesus said about the Holy Spirit, "If I go, I will send you another Comforter." But are we aware of the Holy Spirit in our lives? In the School of the Holy Spirit by renowned retreat master Jacques Philippe will help. It will lead you to be more attentive to the movements of the Holy Spirit in your life as you learn to value the third person of the Trinity as the Sanctifier of your soul.


"May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." 2 Corinthians 13:14

2 comments:

  1. Great blog, Lianna. I look forward to visiting here often. By the way, where are my cupcakes? If Jesus "takes the cake" can he please return it soon? I'm hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I will ask Him next time we talk! But, if they're my cakes, I doubt you will get them back! ;-)
    Thanks for the comment!
    God bless xx

    ReplyDelete