Wednesday, November 24, 2010

According to Leunig

I find Leunig's cartoons to be insightful and challenging. I have posted a few of my favourite here for you to muse upon. I haven't included my own interpretations, I thought you might appreciate the blank canvas for your own personal breakdowns and thoughts. Ponder away...

"...the history of happiness is as old as each of us. We just have to reach inside and find it."


"God help us to change. To change ourselves and to change our world. To know the need for it. To deal with the pain of it. To feel the joy of it. To undertake the journey without understanding the destination. The art of gentle revolution. Amen."


"At the very simplest, I think as Van Gogh said and St Francis would have said, we must find nature. Just to be in the presence of nature your feelings and 'little seedlings' start to awake. So if we disassociate ourselves from God we cut nature out, too. More and more we turn nature into a commodity, into eco-tourism. But we must integrate it into the way people live every day."

1 comment:

  1. When I am walking in the bush, it amazes me that others in the same environment choose to plug up their ears with earphones rather than listen to the sound of God's symphony all around us: the wind in the trees, the birds squawking an alarm at my approach, the sound of my very own breath and the crunching of earth underfoot. It is also a perfect opportunity to hear God speaking as nothing else invades the calm.

    ReplyDelete