Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Most Sacred Passion


All who see me deride me.
They curl their lips, they toss their heads.
‘He trusted in the Lord, let him save him;
let him release him if this is his friend.’
Many dogs have surrounded me,
A band of the wicked beset me.
They tear holes in my hands and my feet.
I can count every one of my bones.
They divide my clothing among them.
They cast lots for my robe.”
Psalm 22:7-8, 16-18


How can we hear the account of the Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ and not be moved by it? The Passion of Jesus Christ moves us deeply simply because Jesus suffered immensely. He suffered great physical and spiritual torment and he did so on our behalf.  We are sorrowful when we meditate on His Passion because it is our sin that inflicted the suffering on Jesus – The one who is innocent and all deserving of our love. 

A devotion to the Lord’s Passion shows us who we are as sinners and allows us to be healed. To meditate on His sacred Passion brings awareness, repentance, remorse, healing and gratitude.  

We are remorseful because it is our sin that has crucified Jesus – and in the sacrament of Reconciliation we turn to Jesus again and ask for His mercy. “through his wounds we are healed.”  Isaiah 53:5

When we are hurt by things in our own life and hurt by what we see happening in the world around us and need answers and healing and reassurance let us turn to meditating on the Passion of Jesus and find the answer there: “through his wounds we are healed.”

Spend time with Jesus meditating on His Passion. See what we have done to Jesus. Repent and seek His healing.




No comments:

Post a Comment